So you are getting ready to start the home buying process and are trying to decide between buying a resale or a new construction home. The Myrtle Beach area is booming with new construction. I have put together a list of new home builders in the area packed with information on what they offer. Feel free to give me a call if you would like a copy.
So what are the advantages and disadvantages of buying new construction?
There are several advantages to buying a newly built home.
- All the systems are new and under warranty
- You get to make the selections
- The builder might offer more incentives than a resale seller
- All your neighbors are new at the same time- so they are looking to make friends
- You aren't dealing with sellers emotions when it comes to negotiating
- It's clean
But be aware there are some disadvantages where a resale might be better
- Issues might already be corrected
- Landscaping has been done for you
- Blinds have been installed
- Sellers may have done more upgrades
- The neighborhood and HOA have been established
- The home is already built so there's not the long wait time
When it comes to new construction it really is in your best interest to work with a REALTOR. As your REALTOR Elke is representing your best interests, Elke provides the following:
- Elke knows where the homes are located. Not all new construction homes are listed in MLS
- Save yourself time driving around finding communities that meet your wants/needs
- Negotiating on your behalf
- Assisting you in making selections that will maximize your value when it comes to resale
- Asking the questions you might not think of
- Guiding you on floor plans and changes for the highest resale value
- Advising on lot selection
- Making sure the builder does what they have agreed to
- Visiting property during construction to make sure the home is being built to your specifications
- And more!